Circa middle of July 2021, the Lady Gravel Cyclist was completely new to the world of cycling. LGC has an athletic background but started at ground zero, and began her cycling journey on a humble indoor trainer.
On the trainer, LGC learned basics such as shifting gears, simulated climbing, and clipless pedals. Around the middle of November 2021, LGC headed outside for her first ride on clipless pedals, and from there, she has blossomed.
Within a few weeks, she joined a group ride (2021 Tour de Farmland), weeks six to seven she had built enough stamina to ride 60 to 70 miles per ride, and by week eight, she knocked out an 85-mile solo mixed-surface ride. LGC was more than ready to conquer the tonne, 100 miles / 160kms on mixed-surface roads.
In this video, LGC joins JOM for a 105+ mile / 170km mixed-surface ride that took place on Saturday, January 15, 2022, in Gainesville, Florida. You’ll be seeing more of the Lady Gravel Cyclist in the future, with her own special edition kit coming soon 🙂
Support Gravel Cyclist:
Buy Me a Coffee – https://www.buymeacoffee.com/gravelcyclist
Patreon – https://www.patreon.com/gravelcyclist
Links of Interest:
- Starting from Scratch with Lady Gravel Cyclist: Part One, Introduction
- Starting from Scratch with Lady Gravel Cyclist: Part Two, Shifting Gears
- Starting from Scratch with Lady Gravel Cyclist: Part Three, The Bike – Ribble, SRAM, Zipp, Shimano & Ergon
- Starting from Scratch with Lady Gravel Cyclist: Part Four, Building the Bike:
- Starting from Scratch with Lady Gravel Cyclist: Part Five, Clipless Pedals
- Slacker Recovery Ride: Alachua & High Springs, Florida!
- FiftyOne Bikes Assassin with SRAM Rival eTap AXS: Unboxing & Features (JOM’s Bike)
- SRAM Rival eTap AXS Long-Term Review
- Tour de Farmland, Hastings, Florida: Farm Roads, Historic Brick Roads & More!
- Gravel Cyclist’s Route Library
Don’t forget to Like the Gravel Cyclist Facebook page, follow G.C. on Instagram, and subscribe to our Youtube Channel. We are also on Twitter!