In this video, JOM of the Gravel Cyclist crew heads to a veritable middle of nowhere spot somewhere in North Florida, for a day of random rambling about the countryside. Nowadays, a lot of riders focus on the perfect ride experience, riding a perfectly vetted route, etc. This is a perfectly fine way to ride, especially if you’re on a time crunch, but for true exploration, JOM returned to how he used to ride. No mapping / computer guidance, ride all day, and hope for the best!
The NO Plan Florida Mixed-Surface Ride Video
The plan was to ride:
- Sans Route
- Sans Plan
- Explore, likely get lost
- Explore, and hopefully, get found again
- Have a ton of fun poking about the place on some familiar, and not so familiar roads
In all, 80+ miles of wandering about, with a few detours, back tracks, and more.
Links of Interest:
- J Guillem Atalaya Titanium Gravel Bike Review
- FSA K-Force WE Semi-Wireless Electronic Drivetrain Review: On Gravel & More!
- XeNTiS Kappa2 650b / 27.5″ Carbon 4-Spoke Wheelset Review
- FSA K-Force WE Gravel Bike Drivetrain Project! – Part One
- WTB Resolute Tire Review 650b & 700c 42mm
- 2017 Almanzo 100 Video: The Granddaddy of all Gravel Races
- Race Report: 2017 Almanzo 100 – The Granddaddy of all Gravel Races
- Gravel Cyclist’s Route Library