“Shimano’s new ULTEGRA ST-R8170 brake levers bring enhanced modulation and control to every ride by employing Shimano’s proven SERVO WAVE technology. The all-new Di2 platform, used on both DURA-ACE and ULTEGRA, untethers the shifters while delivering our fastest, most reliable wireless shifting. Your time on the bike is precious, let Shimano make it even better.” – https://bike.shimano.com
Disclaimer: R8170 12-Speed Di2 is intended as a Road / Pavement going groupset.
Ultegra Di2 12-Speed Review Video
In this video, JOM of the Gravel Cyclist crew covers all of the technical details of Shimano Ultegra R8100 Di2 12-Speed, and presents a long-term review covering all manner of road surfaces.
Continued from Above:
- Clean Cockpit: Wireless connection enhances the aerodynamic effect and easy maintenance
- Unparalleled ergonomics engineering refined with pros’ feedback
- Raised hood peak improves ergonomics
- Optimized brake control
- Lighter, smoother lever action
- Enhanced modulation thanks to an expanded braking control area
- Compatible with wired and wireless connection
- Available to additional satellite shifters
- High electronic energy efficiency
- 1.5 to 2 years of battery life with easy-to-change CR1632 shifter batteries
If you’re interested in the Elite Wheels Drive Six Wheelset as seen in much of this video (or other wheels from elitewheels) and wish to save yourself 15%, apply coupon code GRAVELCYCLIST during the check out process. Elite Wheels Website here.
Visit the Shimano Website for more information.
Links of Interest:
- Shimano – https://bike.shimano.com
- Lynskey Performance – https://lynskeyperformance.com
- Brickyard Bike Co – https://brickyardbikeco.com
- Shimano Ultegra 12-Speed Di2 Build Project Part 1: Lynskey Helix PRO
- Shimano Ultegra 12-Speed Di2 Build Project Part 2: Lynskey Helix PRO
- elitewheels Drive Six Review (wheels on JOM’s bike)
- FSA K-Force WE Semi-Wireless Electronic Drivetrain Review
- How to Save Wear on Shimano Di2
- Thomus Sliker X Ultimate Review
- Shimano GRX Di2 Long-Term Review
- How to Create Amazing & Fun Gravel Routes!
- Gravel Cyclist’s Route Library