The Lynskey Helix PRO titanium road bike build continues in Part 2, paired with Shimano’s R8170 12-Speed Di2 groupset. A little known fact, JOM of the Gravel Cyclist crew still rides on the pavement semi-regularly, which allowed for a unique collaboration with Shimano and Lynskey Titanium Bicycles.
Handling the build is Pete, co-founder of Brickyard Bike Co., located in Phenix City, Alabama, just across the Chattahoochee River from Columbus, Georgia. This is not Pete’s first rodeo, and marks his fourth build project with Gravel Cyclist HQ.
Shimano Ultegra R8170 12-Speed Di2 Build Project Video – Part 2
In this video, JOM Of the Gravel Cyclist continues where we left off from Part 1. Pete performing his magic building the Lynskey Helix PRO from a massive box of parts, into the bike you’ll see in later in this presentation. There are likely to be several wheelsets featured on this bike, the first of which is the Corima Essentia 40, as featured in this video.
Lynskey Helix Pro Disc
“The Helix Pro Disc is designed with our Race geometry and disc brakes for additional stopping power. The benefits of the Helix frame include overall frame stiffness and handling, with optimal speed and lightweight. The addition of disc brakes takes your performance to the next level. Internal downtube and chainstay cable routing lends to clean lines and aero performance. New rear end with half-yoke design allows ample clearance for 32c tires.”
Coming later, the Groupset review!
Links of Interest:
- Lynskey Titanium Bicycles – https://lynskeyperformance.com
- Lynskey Ti Helix Pro Road Bike Project with Ultegra 12-Speed Di2 (details of the project + weights)
- Shimano – https://bike.shimano.com
- PRO Bike Gear – https://www.pro-bikegear.com/us/
- Corima – https://corima.com
- Lynskey Performance Titanium Bicycles Factory Tour
- Mark Lynskey of Lynskey Performance Designs – Part One
- Mark Lynskey of Lynskey Performance Designs – Part Two
- Mark Lynskey of Lynskey Performance Designs – Part Three
- Lynskey Pro GR Gravel Bike Review
- Brickyard Bike Co. – https://brickyardbikeco.com
- Corima Essentia 40 Wheelset Preview
Niner MCR 9 RDO Project Bike Build Videos:
- CLASSIFIED SHIFTING Build Video: Part One – Niner MCR + Fox + Classified + FSA + Campagnolo
- CLASSIFIED SHIFTING Build Video: Part Two – Niner MCR + Fox + Classified + FSA + Campagnolo + Snap Cycling
- Tailwind Nutrition (JOM’s choice of on-the-bike hydration) – https://bit.ly/3eVogDT
- Gravel Cyclist’s Route Library