Who is BUCK!T?
“Hi! We’re Craig & Jamaica, and we run this bicycle-based, eco-business in Girona, Spain. We produce handmade products from a variety of upcycled bicycle parts, tyres and tubulars of all colours, styles and descriptions!” – BuckitBelts.com
“We travel absolutely everywhere by foot or bicycle and don’t own a car, never have! Wherever possible we use sustainable methods, products and materials. The tyres we use are donated by Pro-Team mechanics, customers / fans and our local bicycle shops – every belt is one less tyre in landfill!” If you live in Girona, use this link to donate tyres.
BARbag: What is it?
“BARbag is a compact handlebar-bag; handmade my us from ~90% UPcycled materials; using upcycled tubular / tubeless tyres (and other bicycle parts) combined with quality new materials (zip + velcro + ripstop) and attaches easily to all shapes of handlebar (road, gravel and MTB), providing extra storage and freeing up your pockets!” There are three sizes on offer: 1.4, 1.9 and 2.5 litres. This is a review of the UW model, which can hold 1.9 litres of goodies. Note: sizing does vary ever so slightly due to tyre-stock and hand-production.
BUCK!T UWMiniBARbag Handlebar Bag Review Video
In this video, JOM of the Gravel Cyclist crew covers the tech features, ins-and-outs, cargo carrying capacity of the BUCK!T UWminiBARbag, and real-world riding showing the bag in use. Not your typical accessories review!
“There are three sizes on offer: 1.4, 1.9 and 2.5 litres. This is a review of the UW model, which can hold 1.9 litres of goodies. Note: sizing does vary ever so slightly due to tyre-stock and hand-production.”
“BUCK!T is essentially a one-man-factory! Apart from our labels and fabric-tape; all the other parts are prepared, combined and finished by Craig himself; including the packaging! This means that we can only produce a certain quantity of items each week, especially as these bags require a lot of work to complete!”
- 90€ $US110 UWminiBARbag *
- 85€ $US104 miniBARbag *
- 95€ $US116 BARbag *
- * Standard finish, no customisation, no extras Exchange rate as at May 7, 2021
- belt- / watch- strap is made from used and/or defective bicycle tyres or tubulars
- wallet bodies are made from tubular tyres, with inner-tube pockets inside
- string for tags and pendants is from tyre side-walls & elastics are cut from old inner-tubes
- tags, envelopes & cards are all made using 100% recycled paper (post-consumer waste)
- wallet boxes + presentation cards (eg. watchbelts) are made with upcycled card
- belt- / watch-buckles are sourced locally or within European Union
- chainlinks (for earrings) are new and are extra links discarded when fitting a new chain
- Prior to assembly / manufacture, the upcycled materials are cleaned using eco cleaning products & good old fashioned elbow-grease!
Links of Interest:
- BUCK!T Belts – https://buckitbelts.com
- Ridley Kanzo Fast Long-Term Review
- Campagnolo Ekar 1×13-Speed Long-Term Review
- Panaracer Gravelking SK Long-term Tyre Review
- Panaracer Gravelking SK 2021 Limited Edition Colours / Colors
- Specialized Diverge for 2020 / 2021 First Ride Impressions
- Wolf Tooth Components 8-Bit Pack Pliers Review
- Wahoo ELEMNT Roam Computer Review
- GUP Industries – https://gupindustries.com/