Courtesy of the crew at ENVE Composites / Ian Matteson (photographer extraordinaire), this is the bike of Jessica Cerra as ridden at 2021 Unbound 200. Jess is a resident of Encinitas, California, who took 10th overall in a talent-laden Women’s field, along with 3rd in the Women’s 35 to 39 age category.
Jess Cerra’s Unbound 200-Mile Bike for 2021
- Bike: Pinarello Grevil, size 50
- Wheels: ENVE Composites G23
- Tires: Maxxis Rambler 700c x 40mm – “For pressure, I was going to say 32 front/34 rear but then got my act together and looked at the ENVE Tire Pressure Chart and am now going to say 28-29!”
- Computer: Wahoo ROAM
- Groupset: SRAM Force AXS / Eagle XX1 AXS Rear Derailleur 1x (10 – 50 cassette)
- Crankset: SRAM Force 1x, 42T Chainring, No Power Meter
- Chain: SRAM Eagle XX1 Chain
- Stem: ENVE Composites 90mm
- Handlebar: ENVE Composites SES AR 40cm, wrapped with cushion underneath
- Aerobars: “NEVER”
- Saddle: Specialized S-Works Power
- Seatpost: Pinarello
- Pedals: Shimano XTR SPD
- Hydration: Camelbak Chase Pack and two water bottles on bike. Moosepacks top tube back for SaltStick electrolyte tablets
- Spare kit & Tools: On bike: two tubes, 3 CO2 and CO2 nozzle, chain tool, spare links, tire lever, homemade tire boots, derailleur hanger, spare cleats, multi-tool, spare shifter batteries (2032), dynaplug, Stans dart. At aid stops: more of all of this, plus air compressor with sealant and spare tires, towels, chain lube, chain, brake levers
Any other unique or interesting gear notes?:
I will aim to eat at least 6 JoJé bars and this has been practiced. There will be a lot of Untapped maple syrup consumed. My hydration will be Untapped Mapleaid with Nuun tablets ++ SaltStick Chewables every 30 min. At the aid stations, I will have a variety of food, specifically, options on savory food like Hawaain rolls and cold pizza.
Any interesting setup/fit notes?:
This is my first Unbound, so I’m going with what I know and will see how this works for 12-13 hours.