In this video, JOM of the Gravel Cyclist crew starts and ends a mixed-surface ride in the beautiful town of Madison, Georgia. Madison is located one hour (in favourable traffic) from downtown Atlanta. Ridden on a time crunch and wrapping up during the final minutes of the daylight hours, JOM’s route is approximately 53 miles / 85kms in length. Due to its proximity to Atlanta, this route features a mix of 65% pavement, and 35% dirt / gravel / everything else. The route is linked below.
“Madison is a city in Morgan County, Georgia, United States. It is part of the Atlanta-Athens-Clarke-Sandy Springs Combined Statistical Area. The population was 3,979 at the 2010 census. The city is the county seat of Morgan County and the site of the Morgan County Courthouse.” – Wikipedia.org
“The Historic District of Madison is one of the largest in the state. Many of the nearly 100 antebellum homes have been carefully restored. Bonar Hall is one of the first of the grand-style Federal homes built in Madison during the town’s cotton-boom heyday from 1840 to 1860.”
Downtown Madison, Georgia, is worth a look around, the beautiful courthouse is very worthy of a visit for a photo or two. The route passes through the communities / towns of Good Hope and Bostwick, Georgia.
Support Gravel Cyclist:
Buy Me a Coffee – https://www.buymeacoffee.com/gravelcyclist
Patreon – https://www.patreon.com/gravelcyclist
Links of Interest:
- Route – https://ridewithgps.com/routes/35479010
- Official Tourism Site for Madison, Georgia – https://visitmadisonga.com
- City of Madison, Georgia – https://madisonga.com
- City of Bostwick, Georgia – http://bostwickga.com
- Ribble Cycles CGR SL Carbon Gravel Bike Review (JOM’s bike in this video)
- HED Cycling Emporia GC3 Pro Gravel Wheelset Review
- Panaracer Gravelking SS Semi-Slick: Ridden & Reviewed!
- SRAM Force eTap AXS Wide Gravel Bike Drivetrain Project: Part Three (a): BUILD the Ribble CGR SL
- SRAM Force eTap AXS Wide Gravel Bike Drivetrain Project: Part Three (b): BUILD the Ribble CGR SL
- Ravemen PR1600 Light Review – https://bikerumor.com/review-ravemen-pr1600-1600-lumen-dual-beam-headlight/
- Ravemen CR1000 Light Review (as used by JOM in this video) – https://bikerumor.com/review-ravemen-cr1000-thousand-lumen-single-beam-headlight/
- Gravel Cyclist’s Route Library
Don’t forget to Like the Gravel Cyclist Facebook page, follow G.C. on Instagram, and subscribe to our Youtube Channel. We are also on Twitter!