“Chattahoochee is a city in Gadsden County, Florida, United States. It is part of the Tallahassee, Florida Metropolitan Statistical Area. Chattahoochee sits on the banks of the Apalachicola River, and is separated by the Apalachicola and Victory bridges from neighboring Sneads, Florida, which is in Jackson County. Chattahoochee is a name derived from the Creek language meaning “marked rocks”.” – https://wikipedia.org
Chattahoochee, Florida, Ride Experience Video
Starting and ending in Chattahoochee, Florida, this ride of near 75 miles / 120ish kilometres in length, crosses a time zone, counties, and meanders among the remote farmland mixed-surface roads of Northwest Florida aka NorWaFla. The route passes through the small towns of Sneads, Greenwood, and Grand Ridge, and the banks of the Lake Seminole Reservoir.
Ridden early September 2022, this route was designed by JOM of the Gravel Cyclist crew just hours before the ride. Due to the nature of the open roads and lack of tree cover, a ride of this length isn’t recommended during the Summer months. Heat, humidity, afternoon thunderstorms and more should be taken into consideration if planning a similar endeavor. Either way, good luck with your own adventures!
Links of Interest:
- Niner Bikes – https://ninerbikes.com
- Fox Suspension Fork – https://ridefox.com
- Campagnolo – https://campagnolo.com
- Full Speed Ahead – https://fullspeedahead.com
- Classified Cycling – https://www.classified-cycling.cc
- Tailwind Nutrition – https://bit.ly/3eVogDT
- CLASSIFIED + CAMPAGNOLO FULL SUSPENSION Gravel Bike: Crazy Fun! (JOM’s bike in this video)
- CLASSIFIED SHIFTING Build Video: Part One
- CLASSIFIED SHIFTING Build Video: Part Two
- Gravel Cyclist’s Route Library