Episode 13 of “Ask the Gravel Cyclist Crew a Question” can be seen below.
Questions in this episode:
- Is a single chainring (1x) drivetrain system lighter than a double (2x) chainring for the same total gear range?
- If a bike can accommodate a 700c x 40mm tyre, or a 650b x 2.1″ tyre, what are the best applications for each option, and when do you personally use them?
- What are the ideal features of a GPS device? Standalone maps? Smartphone connectivity? Screen size? Battery life? And more…
- I want to build my own standalone gravel bike. What frame would you recommend?
- Will there be problems if I swap a wheel on my bike that uses centre lock disc rotors to a wheel with 6-bolt disc rotors?
- Has the Rockshox RS-1 fork ever been brought about for gravel bikes?
Links to stuff mentioned in this video:
Episode 14 coming soon, post your questions here!