“Double the storage and a new form factor to help time conscious riders customize their set up.”
- Apidura increases the versatility of the Racing Series with the Racing Long Top Tube Pack for ultra-distance cycling competition and the needs of time-conscious riders.
- The Racing Long Top Tube Pack offers twice the storage of the next largest top tube pack in the Apidura range, allowing riders to customise their setups more than ever before.
- Made from Apidura’s bespoke waterproof and abrasion-resistant fabric, Hexalon, and featuring Racing Series reflective graphics for 24-hour visibility.
- Features an adjustable internal divider, a protected cable port, removable lining for easy cleaning, and a foam base to protect contents.
- Available from 05 November 2020.
The Racing Series was developed specifically for the needs of ultra-distance racers and time conscious riders, with Kristof Allegaert providing inspiration and input on the designs. The Racing Series has since been seen on the podium of just about every ultra-distance road and gravel race around the world, resulting in a great deal of real-world racing feedback and opportunities to explore range extensions and solutions to the problems different endurance athletes at the top of their game face.
One such rider is Fiona Kolbinger. After her victory at the Transcontinental Race in 2019, Fiona explained that her smaller frame size meant fitting even a small and minimal Racing Series Saddle Pack made it difficult to also attach a rear light. With little additional space available inside the frame, she asked whether a longer top tube pack might be possible, and our product design team got to work exploring the challenge.
The first prototype was already tested by Apidura’s staff and ready to show to Fiona at the Transcontinental Race Debrief that September. It has since become a regular on race podiums throughout 2020, despite not yet being available for purchase. Eagle-eyed dotwatchers will have spotted the pack at the Atlas Mountain Race on Markus Stitz’ singlespeed bike, Swiss Ultra Cycling Challenge where Fiona won the women’s field, Transcimbrica and Three Peaks Bike Race under Björn Lenhard and the Race Around the Netherlands with Jasmijn Muller.
The Racing Long Top Tube Pack is kept secure and stable by mounting straps on the top tube, seat post and steerer, and features a bespoke, fully waterproof two-way zip for easy access without opening the entire pack to the elements. An internal divider allows riders to organize the pack, making it easier to find tools, snacks, or layers in a hurry. There is, of course, a protected cable port to enable charging of devices on the go.
The durable waterproof fabric keeps race essentials dry and safe and, as part of the Racing Series, the pack is seriously lightweight at just 210 grams. Like the rest of the Racing Series, the pack is constructed from Hexalon, an ultralightweight waterproof laminate created specifically for Apidura. The lining is removable for easy cleaning and a foam base protects both the contents and the top tube.
The Apidura Racing Long Top Tube Pack (2 Litre) is priced at £72, €80, $US 92, and ¥10,600.