Episode Nine of “Ask the Gravel Cyclist Crew a Question” can be seen below.
Questions in this episode:
- What would be the most development for gravel riding? Ultegra Di2 derailleur with a clutch? Mixing Shimano Road Di2 with MTB Di2 (i.e. Ultegra Di2 front / XTR Di2 rear)? SRAM eTap with a clutch? SRAM eTap MTB? SRAM front derailleur that actually works?
- Which bike is better for overall gravel riding? Lynskey GR250 or a custom Monster Cross bike, much like the one you built?
- Is Shimano Di2 that much better than mechanical shifting? Would you choose Di2 for some events and mechanical shifting for others?
- Have you seen any riders using slick tyres at gravel rides or races?
- How to get onto your mailing list (subscribe to updates from the G.C. website)?
- What is the general consensus among the G.C. crew on the most comfortable frame material for gravel riding?
Episode Ten coming soon, post your questions here!