Episode Eight of “Ask the Gravel Cyclist Crew a Question” can be seen below.
Questions in this episode:
- What is one of the funniest things you’ve heard on a gravel bike ride?
- What are your thoughts on super compact (46 / 30 chainrings) cranksets? Will they work for a bike originally intended for a crank fitted with 50 / 34 chainrings?
- Updating wheels on my Specialized Crux. Between the American MTB Race, American Classic MTB Race, Stans Grail and Zipp 30 Course custom wheelset, what to choose?
- Considering a new gravel bike but with a hub such as the Rolhloff 14-speed internal. Thoughts on this setup?
- Averaging about 18mph on hilly gravel courses. How much time does the average rider spend on the small chainring?
- What is the deal with mud tyres? Are they genuinely useful for cutting through the mud in some of the mudfest races we’ve seen in 2017?
- If you’re on a ride far from any public restroom, and you really, badly need to use the loo, what to use for toilet paper, etc?
Episode Nine coming soon, post your questions here!