“Today Garmin announced the Varia™ RCT715 rearview radar with camera and tail light. Designed to provide cyclists with peace of mind during any ride, day or night, the Varia RCT715 continuously captures sharp, clear video during a ride while still providing state-of-the-art radar technology.” – Garmin
Varia RCT715 Product Feature & More
In this video, JOM of the Gravel Cyclist crew runs through the standout features of the new Varia RCT715, a device suitable for all cyclists. The video includes sample footage, and more.
Continued from Above:
“For years, cyclists around the world have trusted our Varia rearview radars to enhance their awareness of approaching vehicles during a ride, and we are thrilled to add the new RCT715 to the lineup of ‘must-have’ cycling safety products,” said Dan Bartel, Garmin vice president of global consumer sales. “Now, cyclists can head out for a ride knowing the Varia RCT715 rearview radar activated tail light will notify oncoming cars to the presence of a rider, and the built-in camera will continuously record their surroundings and provide video evidence of an incident, should they ever need it.”
Here’s what’s new for the Varia RCT715:
- Built-in camera: Capture sharp, clear footage at up to 1080p/30 fps during any ride.
- Automatic incident capture: If an incident is detected, video footage from before, during and after the event will automatically be saved.
- Additional Varia app functionality: Easily access video footage, transfer videos or customize camera settings, such as data overlays.
- No matter where, or when, a cyclist rides, the Varia RCT715 continues to provide Garmin’s unparalleled cycling safety features, including:
- Maximum awareness: Visual and audible notifications warn of vehicles approaching from behind, up to 153 yards away.
- Superior visibility: The tail light can be seen up to a mile away, which can make it easier for drivers to see a cyclist before the radar sees the vehicle.
Links of Interest:
- Garmin – https://garmin.com
- Review of the original Garmin Varia RTL510 Radar Taillight
- Gravel Cyclist’s Route Library