S-Works Recon: Road Speed. Gravel Grit.
Featherweight Feeling Engineered for Speed and Efficiency
Specialized S-Works Recon / Recon ADV Video
Alternative Video Link for those reading via email subscription.
In this video, JOM of the Gravel Cyclist crew provides a close up look at the new for 2023 Specialized shoes designed for the gravelly roads less traveled!
- High-density pontoons and new shims allow riders to tune their pedal interface for maximum efficiency and a road-like pedal platform
- Features Body Geometry technology by way of the Varus Wedge, a Longitudinal Arch, and Metatarsal Button
- Asymmetrical heel counter supports the medial side while removing material from the lateral side, allowing for a lower collar.
- Using an Internal I-Beam adds stiffness and strength—eliminating the need for additional bracing and allowing the shoe to stay extremely lightweight
- Zoned reinforcement across quarter and forefoot maximizes support while the updated BOA® routing improves lockdown—eliminating the need for a toe strap
- Additional 3mm, 6mm, and 9mm pontoon shims for leg length discrepancy and cleat stacker available through Specialized Rider Care.
- For a wider fit — the new base plate is 4mm wider than the standard width (8mm wider than S-Works Recon Mountain Bike Shoes).
- 280g for a size 42
Pricing: S-Works Recon
- $US $450
- € 400
- £ 385
- $AU 625
Recon ADV – Lace Up, Clip In, Roll Out
Lace up for adventure with comfort, efficiency, and walkability
- STRIDE toe-flex technology allows greater toe flex for steep inclines and improved walkability
- Laser perforated upper features microfiber backing for better moisture management and supple feeling
- Ride or hike in confidence with a TPU mudguard that offers protection from stone strikes
- Pontoons create a stable pedal platform as well as aiding walking feel
- Greater SlipNot rubber tread coverage on sole that’s optimized for gravel traction
- Features proven Body Geometry technology like the Varus Wedge to maintain efficient and comfortable hip, knee, and foot alignment while riding
Pricing: Recon ADV
- $US $225
- € 220
- £ 200
- $AU 350
Learn more at Specialized’s website.