Dr Pain’s 10 Commandments of Riding Limerock:
- Match your speed to the harmonics of the washboard, then it will feel smooth.”
- “Never touch the brakes, you’ll lose momentum in the sand.”
- “Momentum is everything.”
- “That wet sugar sand is great!….like Portland cement.”
- “We’ll wait for everyone at the end of the limerock segments.” *
- “November is for riding easy.”
- “Those 32mm tires are just right for the sand.” **
- “300 lumen lights are fine, we don’t ride that fast on the limerock.” ***
- “Drafting doesn’t help much in the sugar sand.”
- “Don’t get behind K-Dogg in the deep sand, or Todd, or Fake Todd, or Gary, or Nature Boy Rob, or JOM. Always be at the front in the deep sand.”
* – This mostly happens. Closing a 200 metre gap on a paved road after you’ve ridden your arse off on the prior “sector”, feels a bit rude.
** – Lies.
*** – More lies.