Ciclismo Classico Bike Tours, the leader in active travel since 1989, will present the Deerfield Gravel American Heritage Weekend on July 2-4 in historic Deerfield, Massachusetts.
Bring your dedicated gravel, cyclocross, or mountain bike and get away from overwhelming traffic, find stunning new scenery, and recapture the essence of enjoyment and fellowship that cycling should be about. This challenging, rewarding weekend of riding in one of the original birthplaces of the gravel cycling movement will explore the rolling hills bordering the Connecticut River valley that were one of the first American settlement frontiers in the late 1600’s.
The surrounding countryside was the scene of encounters between settlers and natives that often turned violent, and Deerfield itself was burned to the ground by the Pocumtuc tribe in 1675. But today the entire village is a living museum and a National Historic Landmark that will play host to your weekend at the quaint, yet luxurious Deerfield Inn, first opened in 1884. Ride with us as we venture out to explore the stunning scenery of early American history and the area’s present-day farm-to-table connections with stops at area orchards and farm stands.
- What: American Heritage Gravel Weekend
- Where: Deerfield Inn, Deerfield, Massachussetts
- When: July 2-4, 2021
- Included: All accommodations, tour welcome happy hour, all breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners, van support, 2 experienced guides, snacks and super-snacks along the rides, cultural visits and walks, Ciclismo Classico Jersey & Water bottle, Ciclismo Goodie Bag
- Gear: Bring your own gravel, cyclocross, or mountain bike. (These rides include significant unpaved segments including seasonal roads and some woodland trails that are not rideable with regular road bikes, as well as challenging climbs. )
- Cost: $1295 per person ($420 single supplement)
- Registration: ciclismoclassico.com/tours/deerfield-gravel-american-heritage-weekend/
About Ciclismo Classico
Since 1989, Ciclismo Classico has had one singular mission: To offer the dreamiest, most educational, and amazing bicycle rides on the planet. Concentrated in Europe and North America, Ciclismo tours combine luxurious accommodations and ride support with fascinating cultural immersion and superior, locally knowledgeable guides. With every pedal stroke or step forward, you’ll discover that this is not merely a vacation–it is poetry in motion, a place where dreams really do come true.