RideFarr – “We’re a team of bike-minded individuals with a passion for all things bicycle. Always tinkering, always inspired by the freedom of riding our bikes and always thinking about how to offer products that are better suited to your needs and ours.”
GMX ( Gravel Monster Cross ) frames offer retro-inspired frame options for adventure and fun.
GMX – The Gravel Monster
- Designed to do a lot and well
- Custom Alloy 6061 Frame Tubing
- Big Tyre Clearance for proper offroad fun
- Refined and Tweaked Gravel Geometry
- Explore / Race / Ride / Fun
Watching the growth and evolution of what the industry terms a “ Gravel Bike “ we really liked the direction things seem to be heading.
With inspiration and the obvious reference to what a Mid 90’s MTB looks like, we wanted to morph those ideas into what a 2020 drop-bar bike should be.
A bike that was purposely designed and developed for use on gravel and smoother trails than what a modern MTB would be used for. ( there are plenty of great MTB’s out there already! )
What makes it different to a 1995 Mountain Bike? Well, pretty much everything!
- Bigger 29er wheels ( the 90’s were all about 26” )
- Gravel Specific Frame Geometry ( check those angles , BB drop and headtube lengths etc )
- 1x Drivetrain ( 11 or 12 at the back! )
- Hydraulic Disc Brakes ( how did we ride with those Cantilever brakes anyway )
- Oversize Thru-Axles ( do you remember those skinny 9mm quick release axles? )
We get that some of you would think of this as a John Tomac inspired reincarnation … and if so, then we would be very honoured to be included in that conversation! But it is so much more, it is a bike that can roll on the dirt, grind on the pavement and generally do a lot!
Our 483mm Axle-to-Crown Cromo Rigid fork also means you are welcome to add a 100mm Travel 29er Suspension Fork to the frame and then we have to start this conversation all over again : )
- Custom Alloy 6061 Frame with Cromo Fork – Boost Spacing Front and Rear
- Gravel-Specific Frame Geometry with Large Tyre Clearance Front and Rear
- Comfortably Fits 29 x 2.25 Tyres
- Custom Cromo Fork with Boost 110 x 15mm Lowers
- Sold as Frame-Kit ( Frame + Fork + Axles + Headset + Seatclamp )
- GMX Alloy Frame – Select Your Size
- GMX Cromo Fork – Boost 110 x 15
- Alloy Integrated Taper Headset – Sealed Bearings
- Front Thru-Axle – P1.5
- Rear Thru-Axle – P1.5
- Alloy Seatclamp – 34.9mm
- Frame Hardware – Toptube Bolts, Bottle Cage Bolts
Pre-Order Price : $ 695 USD ( Shipping quoted at Checkout )
All frames are shipped out of Perth, Western Australia, frame kits only at this time.
Find out more at https://ridefarr.com/int/farr-gmx-framekit/
2 comments on “RideFarr introduces GMX (Gravel Monster Cross) Frame-Kits: aka The Gravel Monster”
That really is a nice looking bike! Any idea of the frame kit weight?
No idea, you will have to ask Ridefarr.
Comments are closed.