Redshift Sports, creators of performance cycling components for gravel and road are expanding into the commuter safety market with a new family of products designed to increase visibility of cyclists. Lighted pedals contain a unique set of ‘smart’ features and take advantage of the natural pedaling motion to amplify the visibility of the lights.
- Scientific studies performed by Clemson University and others show that adding bio-motion (motion that is associated with the natural movement of the human body) increases visibility by up to 57% compared to standard front/rear lights.
- Four lights (two facing front in each pedal and two facing rear in each pedal) cast 360 of light around the cyclists – creating visibility from any angle (including the sides, where traditional front/rear lights fail to reach.)
- The lights automatically turn on when they sense motion, and automatically turn off when they sense the bike is parked.
Auto Red/White Intelligence
- SmartSet sensors dynamically change the LED color depending on orientation, so white is always facing forward, and red is always facing rear.
Light Modes & Battery
- 3 different light modes (solid, flash & eco flash) allow for a battery life of 3, 11 or 36hrs (depending on light mode selected.) Each light module has a built in male USB prong for easy charging.
Modular Mounting System
- The light modules are removable and interchangeable with our Multi-Mount to allow for additional mounting locations on the bicycle.
- The pedal is made from solid aluminum and uses high quality sealed bearings. The light modules are dust and water resistant to work reliably in all conditions.
Prices start at $US 139.99, details at Redshift Sports Website. We’re wondering if there is an SPD compatible pedal with lighting tech in the works?