“Built from the ground up with the all-new Yamaha PWSeries ST drive unit, frame, and internally integrated batteries, the Wabash RT is a performance drop-bar gravel bike designed for long hauls off-road and a tough-as-dirt attitude on all roads.”
“Built on Yamaha’s heritage as a pioneering leader in e-Bikes, the Wabash RT is made for paved and unpaved exploration and adventure.”
“The Wabash RT integrates 500-watt-hour lithium-ion batteries into their downtubes, thanks to Yamaha’s all-new frame designs which optimize geometry, frame rigidity, and weight balance for each bike’s specific purpose. The Wabash RT and sister bike, the Crosscore RC, are also the first U.S. models to be powered by the company’s new PWSeries ST drive unit, which has four assist modes and an intuitive automatic mode, and provides speed support up to 28 mph with a maximum power of 500 watts.”
“The PWSeries ST is the most natural-feeling power assist system on the market because of Yamaha’s proprietary Quad Sensor System, which also supports high cadence pedaling. It adapts immediately and with great efficiency to ride conditions, maintaining smooth transitions through the power assist levels based on data from each of four sensors:”
- Torque sensor that detects pedaling power from the rider.
- Speed sensor integrated into the rear hub that detects the bicycle’s speed.
- Crank sensor that detects the number of rotations through pedaling.
- Angle sensor that detects the incline of the bike while riding up or down hills.
“The Wabash RT has four levels of power assist: ECO+, ECO, STANDARD, and HIGH. The bike also features Automatic mode, which gives riders a smooth and seamless experience of the power assist system adjusting automatically between ECO, STANDARD, and HIGH for optimal performance.”
The Wabash RT combines traditional road bike design elements with key off-road performance features including:
- Flared handlebars that provide stability, confidence and versatility on roads and trails, ultimately translating into a relaxed and fun ride. The wider drop also allows for easier incorporation of handlebar packs for bike-packing adventure trips. (The new Wabash is both front and rear rack compatible.)
- Shimano GRX drivetrain with a 44t chainring, 11-42t 11-speed cassette, 11-speed ST-RX600 shifter, and KMC e11 Turbo EPT Chain.
- Shimano GRX RX hydraulic brakes with 180mm center lock rotors for ultimate stopping power even in loose terrain.
- Maxxis Rambler 700 x 45c TR EXO 120tpi tires for optimal grip on a range of paved and off-road surfaces.
- Built-in dropper seat post with 40-60mm of travel.
- 12mm thru-axle on both front and rear hubs that increase control and strength when cornering and accelerating up the road.
“This new model will offer great riding experiences to bicyclists for all of the three fastest-growing segments in cycling: electric bicycles, gravel riding, and bicycle commuting. Versatile, do-anything bikes with 28-mph class 3 speed assist,” said Rob Trester, who leads the Yamaha Power Assist Bicycle group in the U.S. “Yamaha’s pioneering experience, quality, and reliability will give riders both the performance and the confidence that they’re on the best e-bikes available.”
“The all-new Yamaha Wabash RT in a sharp Blue Steel color scheme with an MSRP of $4,099, and will be available this summer and come with Yamaha’s three-year warranty on the drive unit, 500-watt-hour battery, and frame.”