At a Glance
- The new Bossi Grit SX is a complete overhaul of the original Grit.
- Starting price: $3,990 AUD / $2,950 US for frameset.
- Full re-designed geometry for gravel grinding.
- Clearance for 700c x 50 mm or 650b x 2.2″ tyres.
- Internal cable/hose routing.
- Compatible with electronic and mechanical drivetrains.
- Flip-chip in the fork lets riders switch between 52 mm and 47 mm offset.
- T47 bottom bracket brings the world of crankset options to the Grit SX with the benefits of threads.
All photos in this Press Release by Ride Adelaide
“Our goal in designing the SX was to take the Grit and make it ‘more’ in every area. Better handling, more clearance, easier service, more versatility, more fun.” – James Bossi
Bossi Bicycles is a Sydney-based company making exclusively titanium frames, carbon wheelsets and forks, and a range of small titanium parts.
We pride ourselves on making bikes for the real world. Some brands pursue lighter, faster, stiffer, more aero. We pursue better.
Our philosophy: “Bikes that are optimised but not compromised, bikes that are light weight but durable, bikes that have refined stiffness for driveability but flex for comfort and character. As the old saying goes ‘the best bike is the one you enjoy riding the most’ and that’s what we aim to create.”
The Grit SX is a complete overhaul of its predecessor with a raft of new features and reworked geometry. We have loaded the SX with everything that we’d want from a gravel/adventure bike in a package that is both tighter and more focused than the original Grit.
Price & Availability
A standard frameset will cost $3,990 AUD and include frame, fork, headset, seatpost, seatpost clamp and thru-axles.
Frame sizes – 50, 52, 54, 56, 58, 60
Build as Shown:
- Bossi Grit SX frameset (54)
- Bossi Carbon Gravel wheelset
- Bossi Ti Seatpost and stem
- Shimano GRX Di2 2x groupset
- Easton EC70 AX bars
- Panaracer GravelKing SK 50c tyres
- Selle Repente Artax saddle
- Burgh Matter Stealth bar tape
More build options below (see website for full build kits)
- Build 1 – Shimano GRX mechanical = $7,865 AUD
- Build 2 – SRAM Rival AXS = $9,130 AUD
- Build 3 – Campagnolo Ekar mechanical = $9,720 AUD
- Build 4 – Shimano GRX Di2 = $10,420 AUD
Full Frame Specifications
- 3AL-2.5V Titanium frame w/ 6AL-4V headtube, bottom bracket, and dropouts
- Butted seatpost and downtube
- Hydroformed top tube and downtube
- T47i bottom bracket w/ internal routing (86mm shell)
- T800 carbon fork w/ triple rack and fender mounts, dynamo hub routing, flip-chip
- Reversible fork offset 52/47mm
- Double ovalised chainstays
- Tapered and lowered seatstays
- Flat mount disc brakes
- 12 x 100mm front and 12 x 142mm rear Thru-axle
- Tapered headtube 1 1/8” – 1 1/2″
- Integrated headset
- Di2 / eTap compatible
- 3D CNC dropout
- 6-axis CNC yoke w/ internal routing
- Internal cable routing
- 3x bidon mounts w/ clearance for 1L bottle
- 27.2mm seatpost
- Laser engraved logos
- Pannier rack mounts
- Full rear fender mounts
- Clearance for 50c(700c) and 2.2″(650b) tyres
- Brush Finish
- CNC engraved headtube
- Chain keeper
The SX now features our fully internal routed T47 bottom bracket. T47 combines the efficiency of larger bearings with maintenance-friendly threads and compatibility with all axle diameters.
We’ve added a 3rd bidon mount on the underside of the down tube and an adjustable bidon position on the seat tube to accommodate for 1L bottles – a helpful inclusion for any bikepacking excursion.
The new 6-axis CNC yoke on the drive side chainstay is the cornerstone of the rear triangle redesign; it allows us to increase both tyre and chainring clearance, reduce chainstay length, and maintain internal cable routing.
We’ve made sure the Grit SX will carry you, and all of your bikepacking luggage. It’s built for adventure. The new fork now features full recessed rack bolts for a cleaner profile, internal cable routing for dynamo hubs, and clearance for fenders.
Adding to its bikepacking pedigree, the frame features rack mounts on the front fork and rear stays, 3 bidon mounts, room for 1L bottles, chain keeper for swapping wheels, internal fork routing for a dynamo hub, and full fender mounts front and rear.
Gravel Tuned Geometry
This isn’t one of those “re-designed from the ground up” cliches, we literally went front-to-back. The Grit SX manages the naturally conflicting elements of gravel bikes. Balancing large tyre clearance, slacker front end, precise handling, stiffness, liveliness, and a comfortable ride is no small task. We believe we’ve done it.
The front end has been completely reworked. We’ve lengthened the top tube to be optimised around shorter stems and wider bars. That has the added benefit of reducing toe overlap – particularly important for running big tyres.
The heart of the changes is the fork’s new ‘flip chip’. Bust out the hex keys and you can transform the Grit SX from sensible to shred mode. The default 52mm offset results in less trail – a more road-biased setting with faster steering.
A few minutes on the tools and you can switch to a rowdy 47 mm offset which increases trail, providing more stability but introduces more wheel flop. Helpful when navigating tight and technical terrain.
Shorter chainstays mean more direct drive and a shorter wheelbase which keeps the package feeling tight and responsive. The headtube has been lowered for a slightly more aggressive stance, balancing more weight on the bars for more feel and control.
The Grit SX is a blank canvas to start your gravel and adventure build. We’ve designed it for wide compatibility with no proprietary or limiting parts. You can start with the frame and build to your own exact specs, or pick from the options below:
Build 1 – Shimano GRX Mechanical = $7865
- Grit SX Frameset
- Shimano RX810 GRX groupset
- DT Swiss GR1600 wheelset
- Pro Discover bars
- Pro Discover stem
- Panaracer Gravel King SK tyres
- Pro Stealth Saddle
- Burgh Matter Stealth Bar tape
- Wheels Manufacturing T47 bottom bracket
Build 2 – SRAM Rival AXS = $9130
- Grit SX Frameset
- SRAM Rival AXS wide 2x groupset
- Bossi GR 30 carbon wheelset
- Zipp SC stem
- Zipp SC SL70 XPLR bars
- Pirelli Cinturato Gravel tyres
- Selle Repente Quasar saddle
- Burgh Matter Stealth bartape
Build 3 – Campagnolo Ekar = $9720
- Grit SX frameset
- Campagnolo Ekar groupset
- Bossi GR30 carbon wheelset
- Easton EA70 stem
- Easton EC70 AX carbon gravel bars
- Continental Terra Speed tyres
- Selle Repente Artax carbon saddle
- Selle Repente bartape