“Garmin® International Inc., today introduced the Tacx® Boost, a powerful indoor trainer that features a magnetic brake, realistic ride-feel, and manual resistance control to help cyclists train year-round.”
Designed for cyclists of all levels, the easy-to-use Boost includes several key training features:
- A powerful magnetic brake allows cyclists to apply resistance, or lighten it, to get the most of their indoor ride.
- Control the resistance manually with 10 levels and up to 1,050 watts using a lever attached to the handlebar.
- Work out at any time without disturbing others; the flywheel generates a realistic and smooth pedal stroke while the closed resistance unit helps reduce noise.
- Using a speed sensor1 provides cyclists with an affordable way to track speed, distance, and virtual power (an estimation of a rider’s actual power) when using apps such as the Tacx Training app, Zwift, and TrainerRoad.
- Cyclists can ride anywhere – there’s no need for an external power source.
Setting up the Boost is easy – with just two simple clicks, cyclists can start riding. What’s more, the multifunctional front wheel support ensures a natural cycling position while riding and serves as a handle to carry the trainer.
Available now, the Boost has a suggested retail price of $299.99. A bundle option, which includes a speed sensor and a free 30-day Tacx premium subscription, has a suggested retail price of $329.99.
Garmin Connect and Tacx app integration
Garmin® International, Inc., today announced initial integration of Garmin Connect™ and the Tacx® apps on smartphones, tablets, and desktop computers. Using a single sign-on, cyclists can now link their Tacx apps to Garmin Connect to see recorded indoor rides, review training data, analyze stats, and more – all in one place.
With this integration, all indoor rides recorded in the Tacx apps will now automatically sync with Garmin Connect. While riding inside, cyclists can also change the road feel setting from their Edge™ device* to experience the sensation of riding on cobblestones, gravel, and other road surfaces**.
* Compatible devices include: Edge 530, Edge 830, Edge 1030 and Edge 1030 Plus
** Feature is available on the Tacx NEO Smart series