“That’s how Áspero debuted under the characters of the Wednesday Night Rough Club two years ago, and that’s how it’s stayed. And since, at Cervélo, we know that flat out doesn’t stay flat out for long without a little help from science, we’ve come back from the drawing board with a new Áspero. A faster Áspero, a lighter Áspero, and—dare we say it—an even better looking Áspero.” – Cervelo
We’ll Start with Aerodynamics
“That’s our stock in trade, after all. Some might say aero doesn’t matter on a gravel bike, but if you’ve battled a headwind across an open prairie, the thirty-two grams of drag you’ll save with the Áspero-5 come as a welcome respite. Most gravel racing is done without the benefit of a World Tour peloton—or World Tour tactics—and when it’s your nose in the wind all day, it’s nice to know your bike’s shouldering a bit of the load.”
“Our engineers like to say, “If it looks fast, it probably is”—but there’s some truth to it, and Áspero-5 looks fast standing still. No cables in the wind, tubes derived from our library of aerodynamically proven shapes, and just a hint of a cut out in the seat tube to squeak out just a bit more tire clearance, add up to a bike that proves the adage. ”
At the front end of the bike, below those artfully hidden cables, you’ll see the TrailMixer. It was a defining feature of the original Áspero, and one we’re still quite proud of. It’s a simple chip that ensures the trail measurement—and therefore the handling—stays consistent when you swap between a 700c and 650b wheel. Anyone who’s thrown a leg over an Áspero knows there’s something special about the way the bike rides, and a lot of it results from trail.
Three Bikes + Frame Option
- Aspero-5 Red eTap AXS 1 Ltd. – Lime Shimmer – $US 9,000 – $CAD 11,550 – £10,799 – €10,499
- Aspero-5 GRX RX815 Di2 – Purple Sunset – $US 7,100 – $CAD 9,100 – £8,699 – €8,499
- Aspero-5 GRX RX815 Di2 – Five Black – $US 7,100 – $CAD 9,100 – £8,699 – €8,499
- Aspero-5 Force eTap AXS 1 – Purple Sunset – $US 6,900 – $CAD 8,850 – £8,199 – €7,999
- Aspero-5 Force eTap AXS 1 – Five Black – $US 6,900 – $CAD 8,850 – £8,199 – €7,999
- Aspero-5 Frameset – Purple Sunset – $US 4,300 – $CAD 5,550
- Aspero-5 Frameset – Five Black – $US 4,300 – $CAD 5,550
- Aspero-5 Frameset – Lime Shimmer – $US 4,300 – $CAD 5,550
Gravel Cyclist may be taking receipt of a review sample in the future, watch this space!