“The 190g CADEX AR handlebar is a lightweight one-piece carbon bar that delivers superior control and maximum comfort over rough roads and mixed-terrain.” – Cadex Cycling
CADEX, the manufacturer of high-performance cycling products, announces the launch of their second handlebar and first all-road focused product, the CADEX AR handlebar. The bar weighs in at a mere 190g (size 420mm) and features an innovative one-piece, no bond mold construction.
“Ergonomics have been optimized on the CADEX AR handlebar with a subtle back sweep for increased comfort on the climb, as an 8-degree flare and 3-degree out and back sweep provide full control for sprinting and descending all roads, all day long. This superlight yet ultra-strong composite handlebar sets a new standard for high-performance all-road riding.”
“The CADEX AR handlebar features the same precision carbon fiber layup technique found in CADEX WheelSystems as well as the unique one-piece, no bond mold construction debuted on the ultra-light CADEX Race bar earlier this year. This single-piece composite construction eliminates the excess weight and inherent flex found in the bonded joints of traditional three-piece bars, resulting in a bar that is both lightweight and stiff.”
“With the new CADEX AR handlebar, we’re bringing the innovative one-piece, no bond manufacturing technique first introduced on the Race handlebar to the all-road experience,” says Jeff Schneider, Global Head of Product for CADEX. “The result is a super light yet ultra-strong sub-200 gram bar that combines ergonomic shaping, enough back sweep to bring the rider slightly more upright, and just enough flare to deliver full control in all conditions.”
- 8-degree flare and 3-degree out sweep
- Provides total control over rough roads and mixed-terrain, while increasing comfort on your all day missions.
- Extended 40mm tails on the drops
- Adds maximum stability and leverage for increased confidence when sprinting or descending.
- Short Reach and Shallow Drop
- A reach of 70mm and a drop of 115mm enable a quick transition from the bar tops and hoods, for added control when switching hand positions.
- One-Piece Construction
- An advanced one-piece mold manufacturing process and carbon fiber layup offer outstanding stiffness and durability at an ultralight weight.
- Di2 Compatible
- Compatible with Shimano Di2 bar-end style junction (EW-RS 910).
- Full one-piece, no bond carbon bar
- Clamp Diameter: 31.8mm
- Width (hood to hood): 400mm | 420mm | 440mm | 460mm
- Width (bar end to bar end) : 460mm | 480mm | 500mm | 520mm
- Flare: 8 degrees
- Outsweep: 3 degrees
- Backsweep: 3 degrees
- Drop: 115mm
- Reach: 70mm
- Weight: 185g (400mm) | 190g (420mm) | 195g (440mm) | 200g (460mm)